View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:20 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Poll Re: DAR: Italy vs. GB - North Africa 6/40

Turn 22

Decided to try to do something with Alpha. Squads started moving out and assaulted an A10 and Matilda I without success. They are paying for the attempt. ATGs slinging HE are trying to support.

Bravo is tangling with some Matilda Is to their front or more specifically, Yankee tanks are. Moved out and got one, but another attempt put my tank in the LOS of a Matilda II and that ended the attempt. Friendly mortars are still raining shells on the enemy. You would think I could at least immobilize one

Bracing for Matilda IIs in Charlie sector, but they seem to have stopped again. The enemy does this a lot. There are three, but I'm going to wait for them to come to me. My tanks in the area are getting short in number. I think there are three just to the north with Bravo and four with Charlie, one of which is damaged. If the enemy tanks push into the smoke, I might try to take some out if I can get to them. Destroyed another Matilda I in the area and traded fire with infantry. Light mortar rounds still falling on enemy infantry.

Delta platoons still trying to suppress enemy infantry while Echo and the engineers deal with Matilda IIs. Destroyed one more Matilda II, but flame and satchel charges running low. Bringing up two more engineers with more. There are three Matilda IIs in the area, but the damaged one is retreating at the moment. I'm moving tanks up to deal with the Matilda Is once the heavy tanks are zapped. Foxtrot is working on clearing the smoke south of the wadi and workinging with Echo to clear the wadi. The enemy has one squad there, but it is taking fire from tanks to the south and infantry. I should have it pushed out soon. A few enemy infantry units are still near the salient, but numbers are on my side. Mortar fire hit the infantry trailing the Matilda IIs and the group to the east of the wadi. ACs have pulled back, but one is still retreating. I'm trying to get it back under control.

Win, lose or draw, this battle has been a blast.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xM11/39 tank destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: 1xMatilda II and 2xMatilda I tanks destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.

Attached are screen prints of the major contact points at the beginning of turn 23.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpha Battle - Turn 23 Start.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	10558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bravo Battle - Turn 23 Start.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	10559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Charlie Battle - Turn 23 Start.jpg
Views:	348