View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2017, 06:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

OK, here is what happened:

I decided to deploy 1 & 2 Cie in Gersheim for a powerful stand. They got in fact all AT assets and great most of tank company both in and around the town.

And they held out well, though Raks hit very hard in the beginning, killing about 20 men alone (!) from that one fire mission.

Germans advanced with reinforced armour company of various vehicles and with force of at least 2 companies, one of which being gepanzert. But that was not enough. Tanks were drawn close and engaged from 76mm of all kinds. 8x M2 MGs were ready to welcome infantry that was mercilessly cut in the open. Sniper wasted all the ammo taking out targets and - after a long break - my FO was directly on front, seeing combat entire.

The push was powerful, but stopped just outside the town. All Panthers went down and a couple of other vehicles with relatively low casualties on my side. There are 3 painful losses: second Wolverine is down, as well as 1 76mm AT gun and 1 57mm AT gun. All those diminish my AT capabilities badly. But I believe Germans will rethink what they do next.

My orders: immediately fix that immobilized tank in the southern part of the town (I want to fix it - it got slightly damaged from aerial fire) and I am calling in divisional HQ for some additional trucks as enemy artillery is causing me casualties among those. Would be nice to get some new cheap 2 1/2 tons should I eventually make a step back (what I do not plan at the moment).

I want my mean to clean stragglers and remount previous positions with an option to slightly extend defences (put deployment line about 200 metres further from the town if possible).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frenchmen.zip (146.6 KB, 68 views)