Thread: Scenario Vital Airfield
View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:36 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vital Airfield

Oops sorry thought I had posted, just out of interest due to Para & the amount of air tried replaying the first 6 turns a few times to see what happens.
Bit of good or bad luck can make a huge difference with Para landings & how effective air is.

SPOILER
Top of map deciding what to do probably makes a big difference to.
ATGM & Tanks are pretty much out on there own, move troops up for eyes, tanks back or what?
AI Attack helos work well not charging in fact one is a real pain in the @##$ SAM equipped Super Cobra sorted him out.
My 155 battery is a very effective CB tool
Deciding what to do with helos becomes very interesting I assume AI gets AAA & Arty as reinforcements which spices things up a bit.
20mm AA guns don't fire much vs air but not really surprising looking at stats there was better stuff in WWII, range finder & FC of 1 does not a good AAA gun make.

From others comments if you buy infantry separate to taxis the middle top group & bottom group infantry could probably do with starting a turn earlier to help the AI.
Just my guess that start taking out vehicles before they have eyes on my firers. Still the helos turn up & by then I think some infantry has LOS.