View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2012, 01:23 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Could some nuclear weapons be simulated in WinSPMBT?

All this talk of the theoretical inclusion of nuclear weapons within the game's scope has piqued my interest on how the combat interaction between opposing NBC protected forces would play out. I believe at some point during the cold war the blue side had concluded that should the red side invade the only way to stop their overwhelming numerical superiority would be the use of tactical enriched plutonium metal warheads on a limited scale. No doubt in response to espionage produced knowledge inducing documents the red side equipped their T-55 tanks with a rudimentary "fallout" air filter so that the crews could survive long enough to perform the initial blitzkrieg. I have also read about both red and blue preparations to fight on a chemical battlefield, the hypothetical interaction within this instance also interests me.

Do you guys know about any websites, both fiction and non-fiction, that feature NBC combat, preparations, tactics and strategy or equipment?

--------St. Thomas Aquinas