View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2001, 04:39 PM

Major

DirectorTsaarx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balancing Technologies

LT:

Wow! Someone actually took my advice!

Seriously, you're welcome for the suggestions & comments. Glad I could help.

And now that you've explained the ship sizes, I agree with your idea. And it's nice to see that someone is REDUCING rather than EXPANDING the number of hulls. I sometimes get tired of feeling like I ought to change all my ship designs just because I've gotten another hull size. Or worse, I go through the update and then realize I can't retrofit all my existing hulls to the new designs because you can't retrofit to a bigger hull size. (hmmm... new racial ability idea - ability to retrofit between hull sizes; something like "Advanced Building: focus on modularity improves construction ability and ability to modify existing hulls").

So anyway, looks like an interesting mod. Are you doing the proportional movement thing from P&N mod?

Oh yeah - I like the Laser/Phaser/Disruptor naming convention and the Fusion/Anti-Matter/Neutronium naming convention. Although some will miss the wave-motion guns, I haven't bothered with them yet in SE4. Too much trouble to research, and I never have enough time to play.

------------------
L++ GdY $ Fr>Fr++ C++ SdS T-- Sf Tcp? A%% M- Mp! RTH!P Pw Fq-->Fq+ Nd>Nd+++++ Rp++ G+