National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT version 10.0b Upgrade patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil74501 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
What version is your game now ? If it's V6 or up all you need is the 10b patch. If it's earlier than that you need to apply the Windows v.6.0 patch first, then 10b. Both are on the DL page
It was 9.1. I was just wondering if, when installing the game in the future, I need to go through all of the patches in order, or if I could just do 10 and be done with it.
The consolidated patches you need to use depend on the base game you have currently installed.

If it is just an update of a previously up to date fully patched game already on your computer, then apply the latest patch we put out. Simples.

If however you are starting out from absolute scratch, like installing on a brand new computer, or a completely new user then you need the options:

A) - Early adopters of the full game will have a CD or digital download of a low edition baked into their installer. These players will need to run the consolidated update to 6, and then to apply the one to 10. (As will any users who downloaded a base install of the free demo a long time ago and stored it on their hard disk, and use that one instead of downloading a fresh copy of the free demo base installer).

B) - The latest batch of full game installs, with newly pressed CDs, and the latest digital downloads of the full game, and the free demo version on the shrapnel website are all patched up to date, and point to a directory outside of \program files\ so that windows vista+ "managed folders" do not bork the updates, so only need the latest consolidated upgrade patch.

Thus the need for the 6.0 consolidation patch, as an intermediate stage for users in case A (older images of the full game. Plus some free demo users who insist on using a squirreled-away HDD copy they downloaded yonks ago & not the latest free demo image).

Everyone else is case B, no need for the earlier consolidation patch to run to patch a v1.0 or whatever CD up to the 6.0 level.

Andy