View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:39 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

I can't comment in detail on boosting pretender magic paths since I'd first have to check which nations have access to the various pretenders and how that compares to existing bless options. But even a 1 point increase in base path is significant because it saves you a lot of design points when aiming for a major bless. So I think it's worth being cautious even with the less useful blesses. Magicboost would get around that, though.

In terms of summoning monsters (I think you'll want them to be autosummoned so they don't require a turn of pretender time), I think it's a fun perk but probably not enough by itself to get someone to choose them if they weren't already viable choices. The summons will mainly be of use during expansion but unless they're completely OP it will take a few of turns to build up enough to be effective and at the same time these titan pretenders presumably need some gear to be able to solo provinces themselves. So there's a delay before things really get going - compare that to an SC who can expand from turn 1/2 (depending on your tolerance for risk).

Hmm, is it possible for pretenders to arrive with retinues? That could be interesting as you'd have an extra expansion party right from the beginning as well as a small number of autosummons each turn and once the titan was equipped he could start expanding as well. Maybe they could have a first shape that summoned a large number of monsters and then the next turn shift to a second shape that had a far lower number of autosummons? Haven't tested to see if it would work.

But as regards dragons I don't think they should be boosted. I did add on water breathing and recuperation - but that was on dragon summons, which is a different matter than pretenders. Dragons already see plenty of use (they're certainly my preferred awake pretender) so no boost is necessary IMO.