Thread: Close Assaults
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2011, 05:29 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian61 View Post
Just how fast do you think your average WWII infantryman with equipment, in combat boots, can run cross country and still be able jump on to a moving vehicle or slap a magnetic mine on it? One that is bouncing around enough to give the crew problems?

I really don't know the answer.

I merely asserted that it would not be easier to successfully close assault a 'fast' moving vehicle than a 'slow' one. If anything it would be harder. The post I was responding to stated that the game considers it to be easier.

I don't have any idea where 'high speed' came into it. The term I used was fast, fast as opposed to slow.

Honestly though, I'm getting quite fed up with the tone, attitude and assumptions. You guys have done a great job with WinSPWWII, but you respond to the slightest criticism or external idea like its a personal attack.

This is my last post on these forums.
I don't think anyone would try to run against a tank with all his stuff, i would drop the heavy equipment before trying, all you need is a grenade(or other explosive) to drop onto some vulnerable place, unless you're going to hit it with your shovel
BTW- Since speed is abstracted, a vehicle may be slower than shown after moving, making the task "possible"