View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2011, 07:46 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

You know, obviously it's brand new and kind of experimental, but actually I think it might be good for MP testing (once people have had a quick prod in SP). Because it just has two effects:

- Self-buff and summon spells will only be cast when scripted (with the exception of Raise Skeletons), or when the mage has absolutely nothing else to do
- Self-buff spells can be cast repeatedly (with no additional benefit of course). This is obviously undesirable, but in reality I think it hardly matters - you won't script to cast them repeatedly, so it will only come up when the mage has nothing to do, for example as the enemy are running away.

So I am optimistic that it will give a straightforwardly beneficial effect to casting AI. More Lightning Bolts, less Phantasmal Warriors. All your astral mages shouldn't cast Twist Fate, Resist Magic, Astral Shield, Personal Luck every single battle (unless you want them to). And hopefully, your massed ranks of fire mages won't cast Phoenix Pyre!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs