View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2017, 02:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: US Heavy Tanks Icon set 1.0

Straight dimensions can be misleading. The final test is your own eye. They may not be measuring from where you need it measured from to create the Icon when the Icons only 30 pixels wide and each pixel represent 6x6 =36 square inches of the surface. I've been down this road before...a hull is "built" and it's correct by the data but it just looks off when compared to a drawing or model and that one just looked too short when the ratio was checked against that and other drawings of the vehicle

a pixel more on the roof and one or two on the back engine might do it. I just tried a quick stretch to see what it took to match more closely that drawing. The distance between the two hatches seemed OK at first glance but you may be right, another couple pixels there a and *maybe" one more on the engine cover might do it

EDIT..... yes I think you are correct about the roof between the hatches as being the more correct solution and two not three pixels...the bottom one is the "roof edit" of 2 pixels

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	537a1069855e91c30a19e91fced378e9.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	14819  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 15th, 2017 at 02:21 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: