View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Worthy heroes II revisited

I think the statute is an awesome idea.

The goal i think when creating an epic hero, is to draw the line a bit short of the hero being able to take provinces solo at the start of the game.

I was thinking of having a black phoenix for Abysia, which would be immortal, undead, 2d 2b 2f 2unholy, fr, and radiate heat.
But the phoenix would only have 9 hps and 3 prot.

So it would be a deadly hero once spells were researched, and would be great at searching for gems early, but would not be able to take provinces early solo.

The theme will be something along these lines:

The Dark Lord captured and tortured a defiant Phoenix in the depths of Hell. As the proud creature died the Dark Lord laughed knowing the creature would serve him after its death. At great personal cost, the Dark Lord reanimated the ashes of the Phoenix and imbued his new general with great power.
But the arisen creature, through a twist of fate or the subtle intervention of an outraged Sun God, retained its former will, and escaped its would be master. Needing protection from the enraged Lord of the Dead, the Black Phoenix cast its lot with Abysia, a kindred race.