View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2016, 04:42 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Delayed Bombardments

Is this delay done via proper programmed fire, or have you just assigned normal turn zero bombardment to a battery which is then made a reinforcement?.

The best way to do this in a scenario is to use the programmed fire technique, with the battery programmed only to fire smoke once on turn X. Being assigned to programmed fire, it wont be available to the human player for other missions till it has completed the programmed mission, unless he presses the button to cancel all programmes of course. Thus absolutely no need for the battery to be a reinforcement.

If it is a regular turn zero bombardment, then it has to be available to fire it. Making the battery a reinforcement in a later turn with a turn 0 mission is a sure-fire way to get weird results. My guess is that you have tried that way.

Artillery programmed fire is available if you have the full game (and a scenario made with a programme by a full game owning designer can be played by an owner of the free demo). The old-style turn 0 bombardment is the only one available to free demo holding scenario designers, of course.

Once I have the scenario I can look at it. If it is the turn 0 type bombardment, it may well be going half going trough the arty routine and then aborting, in which case I will need to put in a check for reinforcing batteries at the front - these will then lose any such mis-programmed fire plan.