View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2018, 12:41 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Well I figured a better show a "pulse" out here, so I've just come across the following...

As many of you know I've been following developments in Australia for many years now going back to the development of the HAWKEI and some formation data I received from the Army concerning MBT unit composition going back to the Vietnam War. Of late it's been the LAND 400 program which recently down selected the BOXER. The LAND 400 Program has now reached Phase 3, this Phase is to decide which IFV they desire for the Army.

Before people get too excited, acquisition isn't slated until 2026. However their M113's are getting older, and though the BOXER is very capable, it's still not a true IFV, even with the 30mm RWS onboard, which is the plan for now and as tested.

However, the Australian Army has been very motivated and aggressive in it's recent acquisitions. Their evaluation programs are very aggressive but, the thing I look at is they're evaluating "proven off the shelve" equipment which might speed up the process, I dare say, for the possibility of acquisition and acceptance by calendar last quarter 2024 or Summer of 2025. Otherwise the ref. is only for FYI (Which it really is now anyway.)
https://www.armyrecognition.com/sept...forces_18.html

"Going Deep, Deep, Under" WQC speak.

Until next time.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 4th, 2018 at 12:52 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: