View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2007, 03:14 PM

First Lieutenant

Edratman is on a distinguished road
Default Capturing Capitols

I think that a player should be able to retrieve a portion of the gems and gold when he captures an enemy capitol. There is more than ample historic precendent for the government ending up with a substantial share of a captured cities wealth, after all Napolean financed much of the French economy in his early years by looting conquered territories, and there are countless other examples that I could cite.

The portion I propose would be a variable percentage (using the infamous six-sided dice of course) It could vary between 0 and 50% and still maintain a very realistic approach. You could even include giving a part or all of this loot (at least the gems) to the mages that participated in the castle assault.

Another bonus that one should get from capturing a capitol is a random probability of recruiting some of that nations troops and/or commanders. In this aspect the historic precedent is enormous. Again I would use the six sided dice with a low probability of success.