View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2006, 09:37 PM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod: Halls of the Underkings

Quote:
There are two things I really would have like to see a mod for.
The first is the drow, aka dark elves. At least the way they are described by RA salvatore or maybe the similar to their representation in masters of magic.

The second could be a huge undertaking and probably not feasible but I'll say it anyway. It is a mod that reflects the noble houses of George Martine's song of ice and fire.
I would be quite interested in creating more mods. However, I'm still trying to iron out the kinks in those I've already made, and I have certain professional obligations that will be occupying much of my time through the next few weeks.

Dark Elves and/or Drow sound like a fascinating pursuit and would make a good replacement for Ermor or Vanheim. It would be exciting to play as the Drow against the Forest of Loren or vice versa. However, I don't know very much about the lore surrounding classic Forgotten Realms Drow or their representation in MoM. The only Dark Elves I've ever learned much about are those from the Warhammer miniatures game by Games Workshop. It will take some planning, but this is a good idea.

As for the houses from Song of Ice and Fire, I know nothing. You'll have to fill me in.

*edit: Since Dominions 3 is on the horizon and is supposed to have even greater modding freedom (?) perhaps I'll keep these ideas on the back burner and pay them full attention with the new game.