View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

aegisx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: United Earth Consortium - Take 1

Today we received some disturbing news from the Enterprise in the Qornor system. During their survey they have discovered 2 planets which look to be populated! No further information is available at the moment.

Because of this discovery, I commissioned our ship design folks to come up with a solution for defense of the warp point. They came up with a satellite based solution. The Illinois class Sat layer also has alot of cargo space, making it a dual use ship.

A satellite design was also made, the SAS I with sensors and two DU cannons.

At home, we started construction on a second Explorer I ship and a new colony ship. These should be complete in a few months.

As for our finances we are looking good:

27,000 in minerals
3,500 in agri
6,000 in radio

Our storage is full for minerals, so we will construct another storage facility on Ghedron II.

Our R&D department has been pretty quiet, I am going to have to check with them and see what they are up to.

------------------

The Enterprise received a signal from the populated planet, they claim they are the Ya'Thoxiruc Empire. They seem to be based around a collective, very interesting. We are not going to do much with them at the moment until we have secured our position.

The new Explorer I class ship was built and named the UEC Cadence. It has departed for the other warp point.

I spent some time in the simulators trying to figure out how many satellites we need to defend the warp point. The results are not very promising. It looks like we will need at least 20 to defend against 4 ships, assuming their technology is like ours. That is the plan for now, deploy 20 to the warp point. Ghedron II will begin production immediately.