View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:06 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where do you go for game news and reviews?

Quote:
gray said:
hi from austria,

as i work for independent online media i know the problem of biased reviews - sorry if my english is not the best, but i am native german speaker

we don't accept anything to make reviews better or as good as the publisher wants them. we even had phone calls of publishers wich were not satisfied with us because we rated their games not the way they wanted it and at this point it gets hard for me/us to really withstand this pressure because you also have to think about getting samples of the newest games to give your community the information it wants. but we can be proud to say we withstand any publisher's pressure and we have learned to live with it when we do not get any new samples from theese publishers. i think this independence is also because we do not earn any cash out of our work and we do not really plan to make lots of cash. we are satisfied with financing our server costs out of some banner clicks. nowadays every 2nd gamer's website with noticeable visits is owned by someone in the background. you dont really want to know in how much sites the "big players" are inwolved in some kind of way....

but back to the basic question: for news and reviews i visit rebell.at
Welcome, Gray. We are happy to see you here.