View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:50 AM

Private

Nitro Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Windows 7 *GUARANTEED* fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Render View Post
NC: That icon-less crashing on this rig, it won't even ctr-alt-del, just nothing.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by lag. I'm used to the AI taking a bit of time with the extreme size scenarios I like to play (in both SPWW2 and SPMBT). The AI turns in SPWW2 are (were) sometimes a good time to go out for a smoke break...

What I'm talking about is happening when moving my own units, or just watching the air/artillery and AI phases. Units will move several hexes and then freeze, before moving a few more hexes and freezing again etcetc.

R
Render my bad in Windows 7 the command to bring up the task manager is CTRL + SHIFT + ESC , give that a try.

Your right, I didn't realize the extent of your lag problem!!! I have to say I haven't experienced your issue at all. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that it might be a process, something new to Win 7, that is running on your PC. Does it happen every turn you take? Your computer seems quite capable.

Another issue to look at (this is where our PC are different)and probably more to the problem, are the duel cores. The SP games AFAIK are not designed to have their functions shared between the cores (which is basically two computers). The software just doesn't know how to handle it. The only thing I can recommend is check with your PC's manufacturer and see if you can manually assign the game .exe to use only one of the cores excursively. It sounds like this may be the problem. My laptop is one of the last of the single cores, I picked it up because it was cheap.

Also make sure your Intel Core 2 Quad QX6700 drivers are current. These often ship with outdated drivers, even in relatively new rigs. An update can improve capability. I would check Intel's website directly as Windows update probably won't have it.

I don't know what else to recommend you try. Good luck