View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM

Sergeant

Nikelaos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Melita:The Cursed Cure (not yet playable)

Thank you Amhazair for giving me food for thought, this is the sort of comments I want.

I agree I'm looking pretty C'tissian. I feel like making the serpent-faced priests sort of staretsy but with different paths, Perhaps strong nature with some death and blood with fire and astral on a random pick. I think this could make them play like an interesting mix of C'tis and Pangea. The diversity is also good and only misses water and air.

The poison resistance is only on the sacreds, so I'll try to hit a balance between having them cost effective enough for early expansion, but not so cheap that they can be expendable enough to risk posoining to death with C'tissian tactics before you research the spells to boost their resistance. They'll be cap only too so it will limit the useage of C'tissian tactics with the sacreds in the mid/late game when resistance boosting spells will be useable, I'd expect to see people playing them differently from C'tis.

The fanatics are pretty disposable and actually may find some use without the beserk. They have two attacks and high basic morale after all. I might add a weak blood mage-priest who will thematically reside as a cult leader amongst the fanatics. They could serve as cheap blood hunters (since the only other blood pick is on my strong mages) and I'll add a national spell or 2 to cause area beserk to spark em off. An interesting tactic would be to use poison warfare to make the expendable fanatics turn beserk. The poison will probably kill them but it gives them a great boost to bring the fight to tough enemy troops and thugs.