Thread: Impressions
View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2015, 02:24 AM

Private

Tarkh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Impressions

Hi, Narrew, hi, Bob!
Thanks for your answers. Please, don't take my concerns as grudges or something like this. Well, 40$ is quite a sum for us here now, in faraway cold Russia, and this is not the main concern though.
Games nowadays tend to be the short-lived creatures. Why should developer/publisher invest much time into one game when he may just roast them out like cookies and make profit?
Your game, Bob, looks like the different kind of game, with care and soul felt within. Potentially such kind of a game could evolve forever...
Dominions series (well-known here, at Shrapnel) is a good example. I'm a bif fan of Dom games and I especially like the neverending developing cycle You pay an imposing price once, and instead you get free patching and content adding for years to come.
Your game, Bob, looks potentially like a similar game, a game for years to play. But it doesn't discover all of its secrets right away, in demo. So I jusy want to make sure that my feelings don't fool me, and I'll have hundreds of small and big discoveries inside. You know, it's like I felt playing games when I was a child (not so child though but much much younger nevertheless), when games were making you wonder and whispering "wow" not because of 3D effects but just because they were giving you a whole world to discover.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tarkh For This Useful Post: