View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

legowarrior is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jomon: The Courts of the Ryu

We've done it everyone one! 1.3 IS OUT! Please download the newest version for your next game.

The changes have been mentioned several times, but I'll go over the list one final time.

1) Samurai Cavalry are now 40 gold, and have a Yari and Longbow
2) Onna-bushi have a defense of 14, but no longer have the patrol bonus
3) Saigu can be recruited everywhere, and start out with E1/N1 + 100% of 2 FAWEN, reduce unrest of 1, and are old (instead of really old), only have H1.
4) Wokou Captain: new magic paths are W1 + .25xA. -2 research penalty. Gold cost increased from 40 to 50.
5) Onmyo-ji: Fortune Teller reduced to LA Jomon defaults (6 -> 4)
6) Ryujin: Loses auto-cast Divine Blessing, gains auto-cast Power of the Spheres
7) Ashigaru Bowman: removed from the list of recruitables
8) Miko: Are staying
9) Adding the Samurai of the Ryu. It's a sacred, amphibious yari samurai with stats similar to the Aka-Oni Samurai of LA Jomon that deal triple damage to large creatures. Recruitable only from capital and very expensive (60 gold)
10) Envoy of Ryu: magic paths increased to W2H2 + 1xFAEN + .1xFAWEN. Recruitable only from capital and UW forts. Gold cost increased from 150 to 180.

Try it out!

Jomon MA, 1.3

Finally, Shatner and I are pretty happy with what we have done. I believe we have decide to stop tinkering it for now. What that means is that I'm going to keep quiet about the nation for now, but it also means we are going to listen to what other people think. If people come up with some great ideas or suggestions, we'll take note. If it is something either one of us had been pondering before, or if other people jump on the bandwagon, there might be changes. The changes we make will probably be side grades, since after tons of testing, it seems pretty balanced at this time.

No more easy Fog Warrior Cavalry, no more easy raiding with Ryujin Tengu (you can still do it, but the Ryujin no longer casts Divine Blessing), and now getting Wokou to do coastal raiding for you will cost a chance of recruiting a power Saigu or something else.