View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:45 AM

Corporal

Zywack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Giants and Dwarves [MA; CBM ; Noob friendly] [Full 12/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by earcaraxe View Post
i hvae never played machaka, dont know how their shapeshifting works. all of them can? intentionally too? do they retain their magic? can they transform back?
They retain 50% of their casting abilities. Their spider form have 55 hit points, so you can have a bunch of them cast earthquakes and you don't have to be worried about losing any of them. Plus, your various spiders have high HP so your armies will be in a better state than your opponents (beside giants maybe) if you actually decide to send an actual army along in the battle instead of a hit-and-run squad.

The problems though is that your mages that can turn into spiders are capital-only and that going into spider state means losing 100% of your base hit points so afflictions are quite likely. So it's not a game-breaking strategy or anything, but... It's certainly extremely nasty in the right circumstances (or from my point of view, wrong circumstances).

I can't speak to Ulm of course, but I can vouch that friendly and peaceful Shinuyama will be extremely kind to the Machakan population, except for a strict "no spider allowed" policy of course. Hopefully Ulm will be doing the same!

Anyway, good game Machaka and Ashdod! Looking foward to play with you in some other game in the future hopefully!