Thread: Scenario NaV II, MP game or Scenario
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2010, 10:09 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NaV II, MP game or Scenario

Thanks Blackguard and Gandalf. Yes, I can understand why some might say NaV II does qualify or seems more scenario like than most of your run of mill MP games what with custom AI pretenders, magic items, starting troops, pre-placed units, hand placed magic sites, pre-made teams and specstarts, specially modified provinces, a storyline and themes, thematic pretender choices, a human played mercenary nation, "The Gimp", etc. NaV II seems to have all the makings of one and all the flavor of MP and SP combined. Yes, Gandalf, I agree. NaV seems to have it all.

But many MP games now make use of mods and/or a modified .map (which is really what makes a scenario a "scenario", the image file is just a graphic). So they can't all be scenarios.

Wasn't really advertising it here (it is posted and advertised in the MP forum) although if it does qualify as a scenario it probably would not have been improper to have done so. Just had that question and didn't want to break any rules using the scenario thread tag in the MP forum where the game is posted.

NaV II does seem to be both an MP game and a "scenario", but might be best as Gandalf says to tag it as MP at least before the game ends otherwise I'd need to post the .map file after the game is over so others could use it. Thanks for your help dudes.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; April 1st, 2010 at 10:25 AM..