Thread: Wishlist High level design thoughts
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:31 AM

Private

MarcoPolo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: High level design thoughts

I find it interesting to have a point value system for science and other tech or ship/building components. Am I to assume Star Legacy will have a similar customisation screen available ala GSB for ship design and components? It would certainly open up a slew of possibilities.

Speaking of possibilities. I liked Armada 2526's ability to overtake colonies from other races and still be able to exploit the former alien populace for colonisation purposes. This being that if player X (say human) overtook player Y's colony (say aquatic) then the former Y populated planet would still have Y race inhabitants.

They would keep on growing in population size under the current growth rate applicable to the planets favourability of that race. And race X would steadily grow too as time wore on. However it would be possible to migrate some colonists across to say a waterworld, and choose between which populace you would want to inhabit said new water planet. This would allow the player to pick the better suited species under his dominion to grow his empire further. So in essence players could own several worlds with captured populaces from other races. The only setback would be higher incidents of civil unrest versus your own native species doing the planet colonisation.

This could also be a nice incentive for wanting to capture or make 1st contact with non space faring NPC worlds. They would provide a source of species diversity for future colonists in environments that are not friendly to your natives, without the drawbacks of civil unrest from former captured enemy colonies.

This is one of the few gameplay concepts that Armada 2526 seemed sensible in portraying. It also added abit of welcome diversity to the game itself.