View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2015, 02:56 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Shock Re: YASD: Yet Another Stupid Death

Third game, second stupid death.

I was doing really well, I thought, having methodically worked my way up to about sector 40. 53.5k turns. My ship seemed to be up to any challenge, and my away team too, if we were reasonably careful, which I thought I was.

I started the game (after losing my first two to losing the captain on away teams) with the idea the captain would only go on safe away team missions, or when necessary. However I relaxed this policy, and then started regularly including everyone in order to get the most experience.

So my captain was exploring a cave level, just making sure I haven't missed anything on the level, and thinking to save a little time, I tried going around into the last unexplored area via a side with a known cave-in trap, which I set off on purpose... it caved in my path BEHIND me... and the dark area turned out to no contain any way forward, even through there was another path into it from the other side, it didn't connect.

No way to dig through the rubble... looks like we're all going to asphyxiate together.

Now I don't have to worry whether the next patch will be reverse-compatible with saved games, though...