View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2016, 10:01 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Has anyone been playing the new Kursk Campaign?

Well that's good news..........did you play it recently ?

Fixing this "correctly" involves rebuilding the entire first scenario at least....we belive the problem is the Soviet HQ.... and YES.......it doesn't seem to make any sense why the Soviet HQ would affect the command structure of the German player but it APPEARS the way units were bought, deleted, repurchased etc has left the Soviet HQ like a bolder in a stream that interrupts the German command flow and we only know that because Andy started strategically deleting units to see when things would start working again and it didn't with every Russian unit deleted except the HQ ( which cannot be deleted )

I'll just quote Andy , it's simpler

Quote:

I tried several variants on deleting all the German formations, then re-buying. None worked.

So I deleted the soviet stuff, and still it did not work.

Since you cant delete the Russian HQ sitting in slot 5 or so once you have bought soviet stuff, it must be where that is that is causing grief?. Only way to get rid is a fresh start scenario...

To test that - saved the map.
started a fresh editor session, loaded map, set date battle type and so on, bought German forces. Opened soviet force buy and exited so just the HQ.

saved the scenario, loaded in the slot 0 of the campaign, saved campaign.

All now working fine for the German chain of command.
So......if you played it without adjusting the command structure and it played well that saves us time better spent until we have the time to consider rebuilding it but the tools for a player to adjust the command structure are there and it doesn't take long to "fix" it .......but as you noted it plays fine without being fixed

Thanks for that info

Don