View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2005, 03:06 PM

Private

embis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Resources for web site

I have done several fan sites, and have shamelesly used graphics from the games and banners from the company websites without a second thought for copyright. The sites have quite clearly been fan sites and not an attempt to dupe the public into thinking they are anything else.

My view is that any company that whines about breech of copyright over graphics on a fan site deserves not to have any fansites.

In any case, they arent going to go straight to a lawyer and instigate proceedings against you. First they are going to contact you and ask you to take it down. If they do that comply.

....and then stop giving them your money by buying their games because they dont deserve you as a customer.

I must admit, when I read the thread where someone had offered a MSword version of the manual for download I did feel a pang of irritation when the "C" word was used in response...here was a fan offering something other fans wanted, for no personal gain, and here was a representative of the game saying "you cant do that its copyright"

What a shame.