View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2017, 03:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Odd Problem in V10

This is the first report of this that I am aware of. What side are you playing in the PBEM and what are the details of your computer, video and sound card ?

I assume in a game against the AI you are P1? Which side are you in the PBEM ?

So it's only movement sounds.....which ones ??

Has anyone else reading this had any similar issues with PBEM or a game against the AI ???

We could try an experiment. Set up a quick test PBEM with the guy you have this one going now but you take the opposite side and see if he has trouble with movement sound with the same units you are using now. If he hears everything OK then the problem is with you. If he hears the same thing you do now then the problem is with the game but we need feedback on this from others as well but I really need to know which units you are moving that sound different......if its infantry that's because I changed the default "marching" sound to one that sounds like ( and is.... ) a section moving through tall grass and *maybe* that's what sounds different to you.....it was deliberately made that way to sound less "marchy"........and WHICH tanks ?? There were 6 tanks given track and engine sounds made from recordings of those actual tanks and they ARE in the game and they sound OK to me. I just took them out and ran a quick test game against the AI and the infantry movement and tanks came through loud and clear

Don

Last edited by DRG; March 11th, 2017 at 04:13 PM..