View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2006, 07:39 AM

Private

PaddirN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Updated mod: The Babylon Project

Actually I just uploaded the new update, you can find it at the top of the thread.

Two somewhat big changes:

1) Victory main gun is now a one shot (per combat) deal, with a "gong" type activation. Only fires straight in front of the ship, so make sure you're locked on to target. Also, b/c of this I had to remove any allies to the Victory mission (other missions unaffected), otherwise other ships in the flotilla would fire the victory gun. However, the ally beacon idea may very well solve this problem, so I'll mess around with it and see what I can do with it. Though, now that I think about it, no allies for the Victory (science) mission might make more sense as not having allies would give you less incentive to attack, although I might have to create an 'aethric mirror' type item(?) for non-violent scorers. Maybe I could finally do something with jumpgates!

2) Ship sizes/armor/speeds/turns have been altered after I reviewed info on the B5-tech manual. Not sure how that page rates as far accuracy, but I wanted to make everything consistent (ie the drakh cruiser should be the biggest ship at 3300m, while the Victory is 2990m, and the Omega is 1700m; whereas previously the drakh cruiser and the Victory were both smaller than the Omega). This may or may not completely F up gameplay, let me know and I'll fudge some more numbers.

Enjoy!