View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2005, 12:27 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM Game: Yarnspinners 2

I am interested in playing under these new rules also. I will lay a claim to Man for this purpose.

My comments:
1. Zen balance mods - YES!
2. Saber-Cherry mods - maybe, for I am not sure if that is fully ready yet until the test game goes further.
3. Map suggestion: Orania. I would ask for impossible (or maybe just very difficult) AIs for all nations that are not present. Also, 9-strength indies to slow down the computer players.
4. PBEM with NO quickhost. The hosting schedule should be at a fixed time every 2 days. In fact, I would extend the host time every third turn to three days to allow for the yarns. This would mean a fixed weekly host schedule, always on the same three days of every week.
5. Put 200 PD (or whatever the max is) in every capitol (but not for the AI players) to make sure a nation is not easily eliminated until later in the game when PD no longer matters. The neutral player could send additional pearls and even gold if a player is dying but still writing yarns. People do cheer for the underdogs. But death can obviously still happen even with all this and might make a darn good story for the losing side!
6. I like the idea of an unassailable neutral nation with massive astral income to send rewards for yarns. It could be like a news network, staying neutral and observing the world. Giving it the Eyes of God (with 999 gems so it won't get overwritten) and posting the full map every third turn would be really cool indeed.
7. Very difficult research. This will allow for lengthy story lines as the mages labor away forever and ever, trying to produce something worthwhile which their God has demanded. I really hate those normal research games where the high-research nations can be done before turn 50.
8. Maybe we could require all players to use a strong fort to help with the capitol defense. Perhaps give us a choice of Castle (80 pts) or Fortress (60 pts) only, both of which are quite useful and have the added bonus of making mad-castling a lot harder.

Thats all I can think of right now. This sounds amazingly fun! I can't wait to get started!!!

Panther