View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2004, 04:00 PM

Brigadier General

Mephisto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rant: Evil Doer\'s Strike Again.

[quote]
Atrocities said:
Quote:
So should Bush now be called before a world court and tried for war crimes? Well no, in fact hell no.
I agree, I don't see that Bush went into Iraq with the intend to kill innocent people.

Quote:
“We will take the fight to you if you harbor, support, or otherwise engage in any act of and for terrorism.”
...or if we think you do, despite that we have no prove and all the intelligence services of the world tell us otherwise...

Quote:
What Bush did, was to lead a united coalition of nations against two very bad Groups of men and their armies of darkness, and by doing so he prove a point that if we can take down the biggest bad asses on the block, then we can take the rest of them down, so pay attention to our warning.
Or, with other words: Might makes right so watch out.

Quote:
We must stop the terrorism regardless of how bloody we become in the process.
Please tell me I read it another way then it is meant. Should the world be covered in blood for it? That's what the terrorist scums really want to see! Don't give them what they want!

Quote:
He was not a War Hero as the Europeans are now making it seem, and he was not a nice man.
They don't make him any hero at all. We are quite aware what a man he was.

Quote:
He was a very bad individual with aspiration for, and the means to obtain weapons of mass destruction. When we went in, we believed he had, in one form or another, WMD’s. Only until after it was all said and done did we discover that he, for likely the first time in his life, was kind of sort of telling us the truth. What can I say, hindsight is always 20/20.
That is the point that concerns Europe so much: We did tell it to the US all along but we got the impression that the US government wasn't listening. More, it didn't WANT to listen as it was already set to act, no matter what. That is concerning Europe! The terrorists are scum and we can expect no good. But if our trusted friend, the US, a nation that stands for freedom, liberty and reason, a fortress against tyrants starts not to listen to reason it is a scary thing to see.

Quote:
But now, after the fact, to call Bush a war criminal because we did not find WMD’s is like saying Church Hill was guilty of mass murder for ordering the carpet-bombing of Berlin. Its ludicrous to think that, and equally so in Bush’s case.
Is it? It was a act of mass murder for the German Generals. How can slaughtering thousands of innocent civilians in a purely civilian area not be mass murder? All the nations in WW2 did it but that doesn't make it right. It was a war crime, Banned by the Geneva convention all along but no one cared. Did it have any effect? No. It was planned that it should break the moral of the population but it worked against none.

Quote:
Many Americans believe that Europe does not have the balls to stand up against terrorist.
You are mistaken if you think so.

Quote:
They fear them like frightened little school children that would rather run home and cry to momma than stand up and fight.
How do you know? Do you live here? Have you forgotten about all the Europe soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq? Please!

Quote:
Just look at what happened in Spain. The terrorists attack a train station killing a hundred or more innocent people, and in response, the people of Spain vote out their government because their leaders supported the US.
Again, this is far from the whole truth. The Spanish government fell because the lied to the people telling them it was a group of terrorist unrelated to Al'Quida (spelling?) when it fact it was Al'Quida and they knew it all along. People don't like to be lied to.

Quote:
What does that tell the terrorists? I will tell you what it tells them. It tells them that they have won. If they can scare people into accepting their actions out of fear that they will continue, then the next attack will be even more deadly.
I agree, unfortunately this is the impression it must have given to them.

Quote:
You cannot reason with these kinds of people, for they only understand one language, and that is the language of the strong. Kill or be killed.
No, I refuse to become like them! I rather be killed but to become like them, to do, what they want: Crash the world into chaos and give up my personal liberties out of fear. No, I will not do this. They will NOT alter my way of living!

Quote:
I ask you, would you want to live under the threat of that kind of black mail every day? Do what they want or they will blow up a train station or school?” No, of course I can’t think of anyone who would want to live under that kind of situation.
I would before I will hurt innocent people without proper proof that they aren't innocent. You, me and every man has inalienable rights, and one of them is live. Even the guilty ones do.

Quote:
We need to work from here to make a better tomorrow with the hope that we never see the day when terrorist hold our freedoms in the palm of their grubby little [censored] encrusted hands?
I totally agree. My way to ensure this is just different from yours.

Quote:
And our soldiers are not fighting Iraqi's, they are fighting militant Islamic extremists from many Arab countries who came to Iraq to do nothing but kill Americans. And what have they done, they have not only killed Americans, but Iraqi’s, Australians, Koreans, Brits, and many many others.
Correct, but like in Vietnam they US has a problem to bring this information to the affected people, mostly the Arab world. Less fighting, more improvement for the live of people in Iraq needs to be done and seen on the street and the media.