View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A More Modern > - Multiplayer "User vs AI" Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
On maps why not set to max size generate a few & tidy up then if have CD cut & paste into smaller maps. If so wished could be continous areas even doing with overlap of adjacent map if so desired.
Say 5 hex overlap so if maps were 50x50 second would cover from hex row 45 - 95 3rd from 90 - 140
You would get 3x4 =12 maps of that size out of a 160x200 map so need 3 covering diffrent areas with slightly diffrent terrain perhaps for 36 maps.
Take base map generated to produce first map then adjust a few settings for others & generate the next.
Urban field tree & hill height settings come to mind just tweak slightly & generate next map for something similar but say with rolling hills or more trees.
Yeah, have been thinking about that. I think that is how I did it when making the maps for another NATO vs WP game I tried a few years ago. Right now I'm playing in the map editor for the right base map code and setting combinations to see if I can get a good mix for cutting and pasting from. I think the river I plan to include is going to need to be hand made though. I need to make sure is not flagged as river so that units don't get rafts, etc automatically. At this point I am thinking 36x 40-50 maps in a staggered 6x6 grid. The north, south and either western/eastern border will a have river so that the campaign map is a sort of bulge where a bridgehead will need to be eliminated or established, depending on whom I deem the attacker in the campaign.