Thread: Update Schedule
View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2018, 04:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Update Schedule

Yeah I can understand conservatives are pretty damn good at maintaining order and the status quo. But some of the counter arguments are rather unfounded (or based on wrong assumptions). Again, I'm not forcing this in any way, just proposing counter arguments for the benefit of balanced discussion:

1). Tens of thousand dollars per person, are you kidding (how difficult is the math for you?). Let's say 500 people donated 30 dollars EACH, it would be enough to hire people (programmers, graphics designers, servers, etc) to let Don and Andy off the hook and enjoy their spare time.

2). Real-time multiplayer, as stated in my original posts, is not really real-time per se. Only the opponent's moves are displayed on our screen, that is, AS he moves. Of course the game is still basically turn based, only the visuals on-screen are updating real-time as the opponent moves, we can't do anything as he's playing his turn, but at least we can watch and plan accordingly as he moves.

3). Obviously since it's QUICK multiplayer, as stated in my original posts, the map and force size will have to be small. So a SINGLE TURN could be played 5 to 7 minutes max. The game may AUTOMATICALLY assign the appropriate BUY-POINTS and MAP SIZE based on the time. Now if you want larger battles, PBEM will be better suited for you. If time-zone or real-life schedule is a problem, PBEM is for you. Best of both worlds.

4). The minor updates are not fixed-time "scheduled". They're appearing as Don and Andy have something new to roll, or something that's been fixed out of their spare time. Nothing based on deadline at all. Besides, what Don and Andy have been doing recently is just that, e.g releasing the EXPERIMENTAL .exe for us to test.

5). Delusional? Well, the computer you're using was invented by delusional people back then. Jeezus this is not even close as crazy to putting man to the Moon, or to colonize Mars. Maybe delusional people will someday have a cure for male-baldness, mind you.