View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2016, 07:22 AM

BANNED USER

Kiwikkiwik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cross country speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Gee..... you mean people who post here quoting "authoritative sources" might actually be completely wrong.....What you are telling us here is most of his stats are questionable
To be quite honest I feel like my credibility is being attacked here.
All the values are from the books quoted. Not made up by me.
I have most of the Jentz panzer tract books, and most of the German speeds match those.
I think I noted Jentz as one of my sources origionally but that has fallen off.
Is Him me?
I never said authoratative I said published.
I agree the Max speeds are mostly right, I am posting about the cross country speeds that mostly arnt.(According to these books, I know there are other sources that I dont have.)
What I am saying is tank crosscountry speeds clearly aren't half of max speed for all the tanks in WW2! I am trying to show how many and by how much they do deviate. It a sort of survey
I also said that I thought the max speed quoted for BTs was with the tracks off.
I see your problem with scenarios, but changing swim speed to crosscountry speed wouldn't affect any scenarios?
With the scenario problem,
Maybe issue only the new scenarios with each version and remove all the others? People that play the scenarios would have time to play them all beween patches?
Similar to how you have to finish PBEM before patching, you have to finish Scenarios before patching.
How many people play the old scenarios? I dont play any scenarios.
or remove the affected scenarios? or scenario designers upgrade them?
If there was a way around the Scenario problem maybe you could do Pibwl's changes and eventually there wouldnt be hardly any left to do?
I think lots of people like the game because of all the tiny detail. It would be a shame to waste Pibwl's work.
Just Dreaming sorry for any stress caused.