View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2006, 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

Artur is on a distinguished road
Default Improvement proposal IV - Scenario design.

This time my requests are about scenario design. I worked a lot with the scenario editor tools recently I created a campaign for the design contest at SZO and have other project ongoing.
I also took part in the design of the Das Reich campaign in SPWaW at the Depot.

I state here that the map editor shipped with the CD version is excellent I express my acknowledgements for that guys. So is the clone function in the scenario editor.

There are some things that can improve the game play even more I list my proposals here.

1. Editing of start lines. It would help campaign creation very much is the start lines would be editable hex by hex like in SPWaW. In my camaign I had to give deploy instructions if I wanted the player to deploy in a corner of a map for example.

2. Setting a retreating hex like it is done in SPWaW. This way all unit can retreat towards that direction.

3. Increase the number of objective flags(or allow higher values to obectives.) Moder equipment is very expensive and objectives cannot be expensive enough to make a higher priority.

4. I have already mentioned the exiting at the north and south edge of the maps, if it is feasible to do it it would be nice to have.