Thread: Scenario A Pinniped Sea Mammal
View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2016, 12:43 PM

Private

Bryan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Pinniped Sea Mammal

Hello all, newbie to the forum but not to SP.

This scenario puzzled me at first. I opened it, okay, marine mammal hypothetical. Played it generally liked it. Went on to the next thing. Things stuck in the back of my mind- why so oddly specific with place names and characters? Knew I was missing something.

Then a few nights ago, I happened on an episode of 'Dad's Army' on Youtube. Click- lights came on. Paused it and opened up the game. Yep. A little further digging explained 'Alien Space Bats'.

Now I had the context, and it intersects with some things that I've done in life, so it caught my interest. I've now played it a bunch of times, trying different things. Many times as German and once as British. As Germans, I used the minesweepers to reduce the AT and MG bunkers the moment they were identified. Pushed infantry up to the wire obstacles, popped lots of smoke, then the Pioneers were free to move up and do their stuff. Luftwaffe beat the stuffing out of the British artillery, AA, and mortars as soon as they were located.

Playing as the British, it was an absolute slaughter, and I only command-detonated one Fougasse. Even the minesweepers were destroyed. Sgt. Wilson and Captain Mainewaring never even saw action.

I like Alternative History scenarios every once in a while. If it had been a no-resupply mini-campaign, I'd have played it.

New here but I'm guessing this isn't the thread for a full AAR, so I'll try to put one where those belong.

Last edited by Bryan; April 10th, 2016 at 01:05 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post: