View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2019, 12:30 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AP vs Bunker/Pillboxes

Think splinters. When those small (or big) rounds hit the side/rear of a concrete, log, brick or whatever bunker, there will be nasty things flying around inside that death hole. The only place I have read about using 'steel' was on Iwo Jima where the Japanese used 'steel' doors to hide their guns behind in caves.

Random stuff happens in this game and I love it. Had a Stug IIIE once get 3 kills in one turn, then could not hit anything the for 5 turns and then got whacked by some hidden Russian AT gun. Great fun stuff!

Also, had a CG I created where the Russians had bunkers, and I shell the crap out of them but it took to long for me to cross the river and when I got across to my surprise they started shooting at me, had to bring the tanks across and shoot them to kill them, took a couple of turns. One was really pesky, had it surrounded by 3 squads and two Pz II's and a Pz III and it finally died after 3 to 4 turns. Had another that took one shot from a 20mm and it got a critical hit. Love the randomness and the realism this game offers!