Thread: Scenario Battered Bastards
View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2016, 07:21 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Battered Bastards

I'm only on turn 11 but one thing has come up that caught me by surprise ... the lack of Russian mortars.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...-battalion.gif
In an assault scenario in particular being able to suppress the defenses with indirect fire can be critical.

Overall tho it's looking pretty good. After the mad scramble the first 3-4 turns to re-position some of the US forces, better line-of-sight for ATGMs mostly. Personally I rarely leave ATGM fire to the AI and turn the weapons off selecting my own targets during my turn. The Apaches have been pretty successful vs the T-80s by ganging up on one at a time till it's defensive measures are breached.

At this point I foresee an easy decisive victory for the US.

The only way I've found to keep APCs from outrunning their infantry is to use the editor to reduce the movement allowance of the APCs. If they don't have to cross large open areas while under fire to get to their probable deployment locations it works fairly well.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein