View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

Andrew Lonon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Real Ships Names

Caseshot:

Thanks for that excellent link! I will be keeping that for reference, and I will see what I can do….

Salvo in its current incarnation does not promise to provide historically accurate scenarios and recreations of famous battles. Rather, I am trying to build the game mechanics and functions for the best combination of realism and playability. It would be wonderful to also have highly accurate scenarios and all the historical details to really round out the game: but pointless if the game is no good.

I have opted (in no small part due to fiscal considerations) to go ahead and have this initial release of Salvo already on the market while I pursue the options for historical accuracy. <Most probably some more accurate scenarios and a battle editor of some sort. > You may want to think of it as learning to sail a sunfish before you captain on to the Bounty.

There is a lot to do, and I cant get those darned Cats & Dogs to stick to their schedules!

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Ratty