Old November 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official release of the unofficial Dominions 3 Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
By any chance did you create an import from Edi's spreadsheets for up-to-date core pages on some of these areas? The reason I ask is that if you ended up with a script to export the different sections to text files as a half-way point I could sure make use of that.
I can send you my text exports, if you want.
Thanks, but I have some of those. I was going to automate some of the files in www.dom3minions.com/docs so that I could repull the data after every patch. Since the first line is always the same, and there is usually an "end" marker of some sort for each section it wouldnt be hard (which is probably why it never got done).

Quote:
The script that I am using is a gigantic mashup of Python code and you have to change the code by hand in order to make it generate the different text files. You'd have to learn Python in order to make use of it.
Ahh no dont say that about Python. I always felt that one of the benefits was that you didnt have to learn it to use it, or even to modify. Just if you wanted to write from scratch. But once someone has done the hard part the code almost reads like english.

But thanks. I might ask for it later if I give up.