View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:57 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Also - if you have a version that is so old, then it will be set up to use the C:\program files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT folder.

You will need to point the older installers to C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT (Or WinSPWW" for the other game) - the same as the newer patch and game installers use (with no mention of program files).

You can do that by copying the correct path above and pasting that instead of the suggested path in each installer - or by manually deleteing the \program files part of the suggested path in any older ones that have \program files baked into them.

Otherwise, if you install to program files, windows from version 7 onwards will try to "manage" the game by misdirecting files to the \user\local hirearchy which the game won't like that at all since it wants its save games, updates, PBEM files etc in the game's own folders, not redirected to the /user/local folders which it does not know about.
Thank you. I never install games on \program files etc for decades now. It was always problematic with games. I have installed the game under C:\Games\WinSPMBT

So I guess I just need the 3 patches available on game's page, nothing more, right? Even though it is an old installer. (it's the installer that was/is on the CD) Not sure if there is an updated installer available for people who bought that ages ago or not, I assume not.