View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2002, 12:35 PM

Brigadier General

Rollo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Devnull Mod Gold: updates and discussion

Deathstalker, sorry, but that idea doesn't grow on me for several reasons. Most importantly, as I mentioned earlier on this thread, because the way minesweeping works in DNM is kind of a taboo for me to change in order to preserve the spirit of the mod. That may seem like a lame excuse, but it is important for me.

Quote:
And as far as AI use if you keep the APDC right below the PDC in order (in the components.txt) the AI should choose the best one researched (just like engines).
Engines and point defense are treated differently by the AI, because the 'Standard Ship Movement' has a value and 'point-defense' does not. I am not concerned with PDC vs. APDC, but with conflicts between APDC and Anti-Fighter-Missiles (which will occur). Having three different Versions of point-defense is kind of messy. For the extra work involved, I see only little 'bang for the buck'. (yeah, I am lazy )

Do keep suggesting stuff, though (that applies to everybody, of course). I am not against adding new stuff at all. Just changing something that was already modded in the original DNM, I am a little bit reluctant with. For example, we are still looking for some nifty, but not too powerful racial crossover techs for psychic/crystalline (and maybe temporal/religious).
Any ideas, anyone?

Rollo
Dungeon Odyssey:
Hack and Slash
Version 0.53e