View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2009, 10:35 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Oceana - OMG, I think I've done it

Thanks Baalz, that's a whole new way of looking at Transformation!

I didn't consider the upkeep-cost avoidance. I think when I tried it, instead of using it to mass-convert my expensive recruit-anywhere mages into support-free units (not to mention getting rid of the annoying magic path loss), I used it once on a unit with exceptional paths, and once on an summon. Both died, but I was probably just unlucky. I think in the first case, I had to wield boosters to cast Transformation too, and they were lost when the unit just died.

About the A4/A5 ... you could cast Ritual of Returning, I think, and go with A4S4 instead. Any Magic Duels will usually happen in the first round, so if that happens your god is toast either way.

Something else though ... you do get one free get-out-of-death card with A5, I didn't consider that before. If you have to Call God to get him back and you started with A5, it's not as much of a problem as it is if you had taken A4. My plans in one game required extensive modification after my supposedly immortal A4F4 god was killed, bringing me down to A3F3.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?