View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Sergeant

SlipperyJim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Better Independents v2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
Got a big financial problem here: It's not as bad as the militia but it ran my expenses up to 25k/turn (I have Gift of Nature's Bounty up, I could just barely afford it) before I figured it out.

I haven't pinned down the offending unit yet but I suspect it's a knight. I was using an army of seraphs to take some provinces the AI had lost to indie monsters. Seraph = S4 mage = Enslave. I ended up with some of the random event monsters in my army.

I am not sure that that's the only culprit as I'm still at 18k and trying to drown as many pests as I can. (I am at peace in that part of the world, I can't just suicide them against the neighbors.)
And that's why I use the Resource-Only version of the mod. Edi made three versions available with the mod. One version leaves gold cost alone, but it increases the resource cost of all "junk" indy units by 800. That way, the AI won't ever recruit the junk ... but I won't go into bankruptcy because of a lucky Charm spell or some other occurrence.

As far as I can tell, the Resource-Only version of the mod works great. I'm fighting against national troops, reinforced by the occasional indy missile troop. (The AI really seems to like tribal archers.) It's made the game a lot more interesting ... and a bit more challenging.