View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2003, 04:02 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Pocus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3d battle scenes are looking horrible! :(

side topic : Where you do see **who** voted for you?

To be fair with Mortifer, it is true that the AOW2 team (at least 3 devs , 4+ artists and surely more persons, all this full time for 2 years) has surely made the game costly to produce that dominions.

but in our society, thats not the amount of works which is of importance, but the end result. For example Master of Orion III is a flop, and the sells are low enough to prevent any hope of MoO IV... still the game asked far much in manpower than AoW II.

Daikatana also, the infamous game, was a black hole in money, and was total failure (from a selling stand point, I never played it).

so I dont think we should use the amountofwork-o-meter as a measure to the selling price of a game. I prefer to have the price in accordance with the pleasure we get from it. True, AoW II graphical engine is a pleasure to behold. But I prefer in the end the gameplay, and simultaenous multiplayer ability of Dominions.

no need to start a flame war about the fact that dominions do not deserve 45$. Your milleage may vary as the proverb says. I have paid 45$ for the ugly graphics of dominions I, because, as I have played it several hundreds of hours, the price paid is small compared to the pleasure it gave to me. The most beautiful scenes of any game are in your head.