Thread: Impressions
View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2015, 10:44 PM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Impressions

Hi Tarkh,
I'm Bob, the developer of Approaching Infinity.
I will address a few of your concerns, but I also hope that other forum members will speak up as well

Doesn't game universe feel static?
How do you mean? I'm sure in 7 sectors of the demo, it's fairly static, but there are *tons* of different kinds of planets, monsters, sectors, quests in the mid-to-late-game, and once you start interacting with the 12 different intelligent races, and doing their quests, things can really start to change.

Is there enough level of interaction with alien races? Again, this depends on how you mean it. You can try to work for or against any of the races. Sometimes working with one will anger another (they have their own agendas...) Also, there are a *lot* of things (your actions) that will make the different aliens either like you or hate you... they definitely have their own personalities.

What are the Dev's plans?
Well, now, this I can answer we've already released one update with lots of new fun things, and the next one I'm working on now brings several new mechanics to the game. I have a 20-page notebook full of ideas of things to add to Approaching Infinity. And a fair share of them came from people right here on this forum. I love this game, and will continue making it better for a long time.

As for replayability, that is one of the core design features of this game, even beyond the standard rogue-like demands. There are some things that don't even occur until you reach sector 100 or beyond... there are things that I've never encountered without cheating. But they're in there...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibol For This Useful Post: