View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2005, 02:39 PM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LZ X-RAY Commanders names

From what I remember (As Like A true Idiot, I left the book at home, when meaning to bring it to work with me).

1. Formations (platoons) with names of the leaders
already done up above?

2. Equipment and quality of these platoons (both US and NVA/VC)
He only gives his forces equipment list. and it's different the to the AirCav formation in the OOB. M79 and M60 in each squad, no separate HW section, and no LAW's.

3. Any close map with deployment of locations (I already have several)

4. Anything good on the time allocation, quality and quantity of arty & air support for both US and NVA.

The US Stuff was Very good, apart from the one mis-aimed Napalm strike. One Quote I do remember is Something like "...At any point we could look out into the Bush and see a constant stream of exploding Bombs and arty not more than 50 yards away..."

So I would whack the arty's and air support EXP levels up alot so they're right on the money. apart from One Napalm armed plane who drops in the wrong place.

5. An estimation on the experience level of the various units (modified custom experience level)
Well the US forces normally managed to keep a constant stream of fire going out, and seemed quite good, their morale was good as well, even when they lost their officers they hung on fighting.

The NVA I can only guess at. Their discipline was Very good, being able to move quitely into position, then hold on until the order to attack was given.

6. What is the armament of these units?
Ask General Han, I've only read the US side of things, however there is a part where Hal Moore talks about force compositions...