View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:46 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Haida Gwaii Complete! version 3.0 (lots of changes)

Thanks Valerius,
The nation has a lot of interesting possibilities and build. At first look I thought that the national units were meh and kinda Mictlan like, but they are extremely good actually.
The harpooning infantry seems really good, and so far I'm loving them the most. They can certainly stop or slow a charge sufficiently enough for the archers (which are quite nice ) to take them out.

Bear warriors are expensive and die too easily due to very low defense (even with regeneration), so I wouldn't consider using them too much, but they seem perfect for buffing (strength of giants, quickness) and dealing with tougher, heavily protected troops.

Ravens are splendid. I doubt anyone would dare use archers when you bring these to the battle. From what I tested a small amount of ravens can tear enemy archers apart, and hopefully some unlucky mage too.

Raven warriors seem rather fragile. Medium infantry with no shields meaning that any sort of ranged weapon will kill them, hence you must use them in numbers if you are to sneak capture enemy provinces, but you can't since the stealthy leaders aren't adequate. If there was a better leader I'd use them, but given the fact that you need to use at least a vine whip on a mage to lead them, they seem unusable to me.
And using them for regular armies seems silly to me.

Now the archers, stealthy vs high precision archer? I think I'd use stealthy more over the regular due to short range mostly.
Short bows can be easily countered with just some good battle formation, they fall out of rank, start chasing the enemy forward while the rest of the army sits, etc. So raven archers might be a better choice since they enemy might not see them coming, not that eagle archers are bad, they are great for their price, about same as those white amazon archers right?

Now, there's one thing in particular that caught my eye, the bear summons.
2+ for 12 gems, sacred, ethereal, high HP, regeneration, trample! And they're only level 1. So, no doubt about this, I'd spend every single one of my nature gems on these pets. The best option seems to take a heavy nature pretender so get more, and go straight for mother oak to boost your nature income. Than you trample everything...

Still checking the mages, they seem good, cheap researchers but I'm not sure who to use as my main research force. I'm interested to know which one you used the most?