View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hoplosternum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new concept for MP

Death is a pretty nice school too and Helheim is good there. Fire is a counter to death. But most things have counters and it's not that great as to neutralise death completely. Fire protection objects are forgeable by Helheim and Vanheim.

EA Vanheim is fairly weak, especially in the company of Mictlan, Lanka etc. It is not really a great bless nation, very capital dependent mage wise and no real go to unit or commander. It's an OK all rounder but adds little to the team IMHO. I would replace them with Fomoria who are strong in air and death. Or Tir if you don't want another giant nation.

The cold team are very none Astral though. I don't think Ulm fits as they are more fire than W or A. Maybe Maverni could be added? Not really cold either but do have the Wild/Barbarian theme of the rest. And they do get water magic on some druids. And the druids give astral to cover that weakness. Maverni are likely to do better in a team game where they have others to fend off rushes.

I would keep Himmon out of it. Mictlan & Lanka are likely to give the hot team a quick enough start and open up plenty of Thug/SC options without making it too easy for them. I am not a fan of Abysia especially in EA and MA but they do fit. Kalisa and C'Tis are both good nations, especially with the two blood powerhouses to protect them early.

Mictlan, Lanka, C'tis & Kalisa vs Niefel, Helheim, Caelum & Fomoria/Tir or Marverni would be an interesting match up I think.