View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2014, 07:08 AM

Corporal

ExplorerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: General Discussion

I've noticed that I tend to be very hard on my away teams. I don't know if this is a thing or not, but it seems that taking casualties should increase the cost of additional crew and officers. There are a lot of complicated factors that could be taken into consideration here (whether especially bad away team trips, with 100% casualties, should be weighed over losing as many crew over several trips, how this effect could wear off over time if the player mended his ways, etc.).

All this, of course, assumes that this isn't in there -- if the costs do go up after casualties, then I beg your pardon. It doesn't seem to be a very noticeable effect though (unlike how the costs of crafting parts skyrocket as you buy more).

Also, I'm a little unsure about what some of these officer skills do: Researcher, Archaelogist, Forensics and "Captain's Guard".

What do Fame and Infamy represent in-game?

Finally, it would be nice if 1) the portrait for officers could be changed mid-game (after all, their names can be), and 2) the away team could be similarly adjusted mid-game -- so as to allow for changes in uniform, or weapons, or so on, as the game goes on. Little things like that, to give players more control and possibly allow for more immersion, in the long-running games that could come about in an infinite world.

Last edited by ExplorerBob; November 18th, 2014 at 07:36 AM..